Committee on Parking and Transportation - UTDPP1030
Parking and Transportation
The Committee on Parking and Transportation is a University-wide Standing Committee appointed by the President not reporting to the Academic Senate, The University of Texas at Dallas.
The Committee is charged to review all established and proposed university procedures and regulations regarding traffic control, parking, and transportation, and to make recommendations pertaining thereto. Recommendations regarding traffic, parking, and transportation policies shall be referred directly to appropriate administrative officers.
The Committee shall have six voting members and six non-voting members, ex officio. Two of the voting members shall be appointed from the membership of the General Faculty (as defined in Title III, Chapter 21, Section I.B.1. of The University of Texas at Dallas Handbook of Operating Procedures), one shall be appointed from the university staff, one from the Staff Council, and two shall be students. The ex officio members shall be the Parking and Transportation Manager, the Chief of Police, the Associate Vice President for Budget and Resource Planning, the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management or a designated representative, the Director of Disability Services, and the Safety Officer.
The Vice President for Administration shall serve as the Chair and the Responsible University Official for this Committee.
The term of office of the Committee members shall be for two years, effective September 1 to August 31, and members may be reappointed by the President for additional terms. If for any reason a Committee member resigns, the President shall appoint another individual to serve the remainder of the unexpired term.
- Issued: September 4, 1978
- Revised: November 12, 1979
- Revised: September 1, 1984
- Revised: May 13, 1985
- Revised: September 1, 1988
- Revised: October 15, 1993
- Editorial Amendments: October 29, 1998
- Revised: December 3, 1999
- Editorial Amendments: September 1, 2000
- Editorial Amendments: April 10, 2006
- Editorial Amendments: October 2, 2006
- Revised: February 12, 2009
- Editorial Amendments: September 28, 2009
- Editorial Amendments: December 2, 2009
- Editorial Amendments: May 26, 2010
- Editorial Amendments: March 7, 2012