Shipping - UTDBP3068
Due to limited space and the small amount of shipping performed, only routine packaging supplies are available from the Shipping Office, ext. 2779, which is co- located with the Receiving Office. Equipment requiring special crating, packing or containers must be prepared by the shipper with his/her own materials. Corrugated cardboard containers may be obtained from the UTD Central Stores. It is possible to have Physical Plant personnel construct special crating in some instances (see "Request for Services" in UTBDP3075); or the shipper could submit a properly completed purchase requisition to Purchasing requesting a vendor to perform this service.
If it is desired to ship merchandise, the following procedures should be followed:
- Contact the Receiving Department, ext. 2779, to obtain a packing slip.
- Complete the packing slip jointly with Receiving personnel.
- Present the packing slip and shipping order (prepared by Receiving) to the Shipping Office at the same time merchandise is delivered to the shipping dock.
- Shipping will complete a Universal Bill of Lading.
- Shipping will make arrangements with a freight carrier to pick up and deliver the merchandise.
- Issued: 1997-10-20