Security of Facilities and Personnel - UTDBP3084
General Policy: The procedure and policies set forth herein are intended to provide for the security of facilities and personnel on the UTD campus.
Use of Late Doors: The Central Data Acquisition System (CDAS) controls entrance to buildings after hours. Each University building has one designated late entry door; the locks on these doors are electronically controlled. A list of late door entrances/exits for each building is listed on the outdoor signs.
Those who have authorization to gain entrance to a University building after hours should use the following procedures:
- The small black button on the intercom, which is set into the building wall, should be pressed. This step alerts the Police that someone wishes to gain entrance.
- The Police will ask for the person's name and his/her reason for gaining entrance.
- The person should turn around, face the television camera which is set into the ceiling, and show his/her University I.D.
- The Police will then unlock the door.
- Once an individual has finished his/her business and wishes to leave, the Police should again be contacted.
Note: Do not leave by any door other than the designated late entry door. All other doors are wired into an alarm system and opening them will trigger the alarm.
Key Control: Information concerning Key Control is contained in the Physical Plant Section of UTDBP3076.
Use of University I.D. Cards: Every employee or student, while on the UTD campus, should have a UTD identification card in his/her possession.
When requested by a UTD Police Officer or Guard, an employee or student should show this identification card. This is for security purposes. The UTD Police Officer or Guard must file a Field Interrogation Report if he/she encounters an individual on campus without a University I.D.
Note: The University I.D. is also required for the use of late doors.
- Issued: 1997-03-27