Employee Service Award Program - UTDBP3092
The University has established an Employee Service Awards Program to recognize service to the institution and to honor and express to employees its appreciation for their service to The University of Texas at Dallas. The program was established to develop within the ranks of employees at The University of Texas at Dallas a spirit of loyal and deep-rooted feeling of being a part of the institution.
On an annual basis, employees who have achieved a recognized service anniversary the preceding August 31st of 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years are recognized. Questions of length of service are resolved by the Office of Human Resources.
In addition, employees achieving 25 years of service will be inducted into the distinguished "Quarter Century Club" and honored during an event separate from the general service award ceremony. Quarter Century Club honorees also will be invited to attend the general ceremony and asked to stand and be recognized.
The Office of Human Resources will verify eligibility and submit to the office of the President those employees eligible for recognition.
- Includes all UT Dallas service as a regular employee (i.e., half-time or more appointment for at least 4-1/2 months). Accordingly, 10 years of service at 50% time would equal 10 years of service, not 5 years.
- Includes all service under U.T. Dallas' predecessor, the Southwest Center for Advanced Studies (SCAS); i.e., pre-September 1, 1969.
- Includes all service under the Callier Center for Communication Disorders; i.e., pre-September 1, 1975.
- Faculty are included in the program. A nine-month appointment would constitute one year of service under the program. [NOTE: Any staff appointed for nine months (September through May) would also be granted credit for one year of service.]
- Includes "broken" service (e.g., service period of 1970-1974 and 1980-1986would equal 10 years of service).
- service performed as casual labor or temporary employee.
- service as a student employee.
- service with any other agency of the State of Texas.
- service with any other University of Texas System component institution.
Effective January 1, 2013, The University of Texas at Dallas will begin giving standardized gifts to recognize retirees for their service. "Retiree" is defined by the UT System Administration Office of Employee Benefits.
The Office of Human Resources will provide the Office of the President with a list of new retirees monthly. The Office of the President will mail the gifts to retirees. If a retiree reaches a milestone year in the same fiscal year in which they retire from UT Dallas, only the retiree gift will be presented.
- Issued: 1998-06-01
- Revised: 2013-11-21