Campus Housing Advisory Committee - UTDPP1009
The Campus Housing Advisory Committee is a University-wide Standing Committee not reporting to the Academic Senate of The University of Texas at Dallas.
The Committee is charged to advise the Vice President for Student Affairs on policies, procedures, and rules which will optimize the overall operation of University-owned housing. The scope of the Committee's purview shall include such areas as financial and physical operations and facilities, student services and programs, and all other matters related to University-owned housing that the Committee shall deem it appropriate to consider, including matters referred to it by the Director of Residential Life and/or the Student Government. In addition, the Committee shall make recommendations regarding the interests and concerns of the residents.
The Committee membership shall consist of fifteen (15) voting members living in University-owned housing. They shall include students from each of the following areas to be appointed by the President of the University, or the President's designee, from a panel submitted by the designated units:
- Two (2) students living in University-owned housing and who are in Student Government chosen from among four (4) names submitted by the Student Government. Preferred: Residential Student Affairs Chairman
- Two (2) peer advisers chosen from among four (4) names submitted by the Director of Residential Life.
- Three (3) students living in University-owned housing and are in the Residential Housing Association (RHA) chosen from among six (6) names submitted by the Director or Residential Life. Preferred: RHA Officer
- Three (3) freshman students living in University-owned residence hall housing chosen from among six (6) names submitted by the Director of Residential Life.
- One (1) non-freshman student living in University-owned residence hall housing chosen from among two (2) names submitted by the Director of Residential Life.
- Four (4) students living in University-owned apartment housing chosen from among eight (8) names submitted by the Director of Residential Life.
Should a vacancy arise at any time on the Committee, it shall be filled according to the appropriate procedures as outlined above.
The term of office will be for one (1) year and members will serve from October 1 to September 30. Members may be reappointed by the President, or the President's designee, for additional terms.
The President or Vice President of the Student Government, Academic Senate Representative, Director of Residential Life, Director of Housing Operations, Dean of Undergraduate Education or designee, Dean of Graduate Studies or designee, Vice President for Budget and Finance or designee, General Manager of University Village and University Commons, Assistant Vice President for Residential Life and the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs serve as non-voting ex-officio members. The Associate Vice President for Student Affairs serves as the Responsible University Official.
The Associate Vice President for Student Affairs or designee shall convene the first meeting of the Committee each fall term for the purpose of selecting the Chair and Vice Chair who will be elected by the voting members. A recording secretary shall be provided by the Office of the Director of Housing Operations. The recording secretary's main duty shall be the compilation of the minutes of each meeting.
The Committee shall meet at least once each month during the long semester and shall set dates for its meetings and formulate its own rules of procedure.
- Editorial Amendments: 1998-02-02
- Editorial Amendments: 2000-09-01
- Editorial Amendments: 2002-11-22
- Editorial Amendments: 2006-03-07
- Revised: 2006-04-27
- Revised: 2007-12-07
- Revised: 2015-12-10
- Editorial Amendments: 2016-11-11
- Editorial Amendments: 2018-12-05